Monday, October 5, 2009

Language Lounge: What is it and is it edible

The French Lounge
So this week is the long awaited beginning of the language lounges. The concept is simple: Native students go to the lounge and talk with other students who want to learn that langage. Why they are so popular: The natives are paid! Whoopi
So the pay isnt the best one ever but it's better than a slap in the face. Since i'm francophone, I have assured shifts at the French Lounge. Unfortunetly, due to the industrial size quantity of anglos, I can't do the English Lounge. But hey, its better this way and here is why:
-Since we are so little french people (about 15), they don't give us steady shifts so we basically show up when we feel like it during designated hours (monday, wednesday and friday at lunch)! where as the english lounge people have a steady schedual that they have to respect of else... they die

The Japanese Lounge
Same concept as the others, japanese students go and help us foreigners by chatting us up. I figued, like Anis (former UdM classmate) very blatantly pointed out, I haven't been going to the exchages that the UdM was holding (for legit reasons) so this is a good way to catch up :D And it is.
I talked with two nice girls: Sachie (Sa-chi-รจ), a foreign languages student studying in Corean and English. And Ami, an other sweet heart studying in french and english. I pressured her to come see me at the lounge after explaining the meaning of her name in french :D Impressively, she already knew!

More Typhoon info: mom don't read this

Tomorrow night there is a huge typhoon comming in!whoopi! I wonder what its like oh I hope there is lightning.

That's all for today folks! I have some crazy studying to do for my exams all throughout the week... aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment